This is a cookbook of code recipes for implementing a wide variety of tasks. The mini articles below on this page are for articles of a significant size. See The Big HOWTO and The Big HOWTO (II) for a large collection of miscellaneous, smaller samples. Samples from external sites go on the External Resources page.
Hover your mouse over the snippet links to see a description
Table of contents
- Stencil Glow : A Stencil Glow example for creating outlines
- ShaderIntroduction : How to submit a shader
- Getting Started With Ogre CG Materials : Step by step guide for setting up some very basic CG materials in Ogre
- How To Compile CG Files : How to check for errors in CG code
- Orange Shader : Your first and easiest shader
- Fading Object Shader : A fade-to-dark effect
- Holographe Shader : A hologram effect
- JaJDoo Shader Guide : This guide (concentrating on HLSL) will teach you what shaders are, how to understand them, and how to create your own.
- PerPixel Lighting : A simple, everytime accurate per-pixel cg shader for Ogre, right out of box
- PerPixel Lighting II : Multipass and One-pass per-pixel lighting shaders
- PerPixel Lighting With Offset(Parallax) Mapping : Shader in the Per-Pixel Lighting series
- The Monster : Tuneable parameters, feature-full, 1-pass, max 3 lights
- Normal AO Specular Mapping Shader : Normal/diffuse/AO/specular mapping
- Shadows : How to start on Shadows
- Depth Shadow Mapping : How to implement depth shadow mapping in your own project as seen in the Shadows demo
- Custom Shadow Mapping : How to implement a custom shadow technique
- Parallel Split Shadow Mapping : (PSSM) - A method for high-detail shadows
- Offset Bump Ambient Lightmap : Offset/Bump with added ambient and optional lightmap
- OceanFog : Basic underwater "depth" effect using the Ocean Shader
- Volumetric LightShafts : Demo of gpu-based volumetric lightshafts from GPUGems3
- Smoke Trails : Adding some turbulence to your ribbon trails
- Terrain Alpha Splatting : Basic terrain shader with up to 8 splat textures
- Screen Space Effects : Say you have a shader effect that you simply want to render to a texture without using a compositor
- HLSL : Using HLSL in OGRE
- Glow : A glow compositor method using 'Glow masks'
- Normal Mapping with Hardware Skinning and Specular : Combined normal mapping and hardware skinning
- Accurate per-pixel sphere mapping with normal map influence : Using lambert diffuse model and phong highlight specular.
- Accurate per-pixel cube mapping with normal map influence : Using lambert diffuse model and phong highlight specular
- Atmosphere Shader : Atmosphere shader as viewed from space