OGRE is participating in the Google Summer of Code 2007!
The following OGRE projects have been approved for the 2007 Summer of Code:
- Custom Memory Heaps and Object Allocators
High level animation control plugin (including IK support)
- Emulating Lesser Hardware Capabilities
- Advanced Script Compilers
- Material Editor
- Steve Streeting (Sinbad) - OGRE project lead and original developer
- Paul Cheyrou-LagrÃ¨ze (tuan kuranes) - MultimÃ©dia Software consultant, maintainer of some OGRE addons : Paging Scene Manager, OgreODE, OgreBullet, CeguiMeshViewer.
- Andres Carrera (Lioric) - Developer of oFusion
- Daniel Wickert (Haffax) - Developer of Rastullahs Lockenpracht
- Casey Borders (CaseyB) - Developer of OgreAL
- Michael Reimpell (reimpell) - scientific assistant, author of Blender exporters.
- Gregory Junker (Xavier) - Author of Pro Ogre3d Programming
- JesÃºs Alonso Abad (Kencho) - Author of Caelum
Some advices on the development process: Google Summer of Code Development Advices
You might also be interested in the Google Summer of Code 2006