Artifex Terra - Height map editor and painter for terrain and world creation.
- Scenes can be loaded with Ogres standard Terrain Scene Manager (Removed in Ogre 1.8) with full splatting and normalmapping support.
- Support of the Ogre Terrain Component (load Artifex Terra files - details are here)
- Triplanar Splatting Shader.
- Paged and animated grass support.
- Support for transparent textures.
- Open source C++ scene-loader class for easy project integration.
- Open source PHP-GTK based artifex-scene to ogre-dotscene converter.
- Mesh based decal cursor resembling the current brush in pattern, size and rotation.
- 180 degree brush flipping.
- Editable project templates.
- SQlite based storage system.
- Normalmapping and dynamic lighting support.
- Infinite custom object value pairs to edit game-content.
- 50 step Undosystem for all paint and terrain actions.
- Artpad support, tested with Wacom Graphire2 and Intous3 pads.
- Brushsystem with 10 different brushes, can be infinitely more.
- Brushrotation, random, snap to 11.25 steps and degreewise.
- Paintpressure is affected by the brightness of the brush you use.
- Colourpainting with several different tools: Paint, Erase, Darken, Brighten, Blur, Sharpen, Contrast, Noise and filters: GaussianBlur, Dilate, Edge,Erode,Repair,UnsharpMask,Sharpen,Noise,Clear.
- Terrain-shaping with 2 filters, and several different tools: Lower, Raise, Blur, Flatblur, Boil, Plane.
- Adding and editing of meshes, rapid placement with space+click for random rotation/placement.
- WYSIWYG texture adjusting, RGB, Saturation, Brightness, Contrast.
- Backblending of baked splatting textures to reduce texture tile effects.
- Texture-painting (splatting) with 9 different textures.
- Tested with terrain-sizes of 15000*15000 ogre units.
- Detailed documentation and help inside the application.
- Model pack with trees, plants, buildings.
- WYSIWYG grass painting.
- And more...
Believing the brush is the artists most powerful tool, the brush system is carefully designed and Artifex built around it. It is very responsive and allows fine resolving sculpting and painting. There are many speed and comfort features on easy reachable hotkeys, like random brush-rotation SPACE, brush-flipping Ctrl+Space or press Enter to get the pressure, size and shape dialogue delivered right to your mouse-pointer.
User Nauk started toying around with ETM in 2008, attaching Navi for some quick & dirty ui-elements to it so we could use it as outdoor editor for our game project. Since then I keep adding features to it, turning out to be quite useful for us. I decided to polish it up a bit and release it to the public as free software.
It requires Win2000/XP (no clue about Vista), DX9, VC++ Express 2005 SP1 runtime, 2GHZ+ CPU, 1 GB+ Ram and a PS2.0 able Gfx-card, Nvidia 7600 GT works fine. So far it has been tested fine with various NVidia, ATI and Intel cards.
You can find the latest version (~150MB), updates and a sample scene loader on the project website:
Addons, samples and scene loader code on Sourceforge
Artifex Terra 3D on Facebook