These tutorials assume you know nothing about Mogre or Ogre, and step you through the process of using the engine one concept at a time. These tutorials are where you should start learning Mogre.
These tutorials are based on a special mini-framework built specifically for this purpose. You should download it first and follow the setup instructions.
The tutorials are intended both for C# and VB.NET and contain parallel code snippets for both.
- Basic Tutorial 1: Introduction to the basic Ogre constructs: SceneManager, SceneNode, and Entity
- Basic Tutorial 2: Cameras, Lights, and Shadows
- Basic Tutorial 3: Terrain, Sky, Fog, and the Root object
- Basic Tutorial 3b: Related to the new Terrain component
- Basic Tutorial 4: Frame Listeners and Input Processing
- Basic Tutorial 5: The Ogre startup sequence
- Basic Tutorial 6: Overlays