Table of contents
General development procedures
Integrating API documentation into Qt Creator Help
Ogre development procedures
This is how Sinbad describes in 2010 the development process of Ogre3D (quoted from ogre3d forums):
In practice, what happens even now is this:
- Developer X has a need / desire to add a major feature or make a key change.
- X proposes it to the community, gets feedback & iterates
- X leads the implementation, doing the majority of the main work but with help for platform portability, bugs they missed, etc
- Over time X is considered the 'owner' of this feature and gets consulted on changes to it out of courtesy and for reference, but broadly the whole team and community hack on it incrementally
- At all times, everyone is working within our established design and coding patterns to ensure consistency, platform compatibility, etc
Here you'll find some general information about being an OGRE developer.