Table of contents
- Articles And Sources
- 3D Math
- Artificial Intelligence
- C++ / STL
- 1. Definitions
- 2. Fair Use Rights
- 3. License Grant
- 4. Restrictions
- 5. Representations, Warranties and Disclaimer
- 6. Limitation on Liability.
- 7. Termination
- 8. Miscellaneous
- OGRE Website - home to it all
- OGRE project page at SourceForge
- OGRE Forums - the OGRE community.
- OGRE Readme - provides links to OGRE tutorials, manual, API reference, etc.
- Axiom 3D Engine - OGRE's C# cousin for .NET
- RealmForge GDK and Axiom Forums - The forums for Axiom and the game engine and run-time toolset involved with its development
- RealmForge GDK and Axiom Wiki - The new wiki for both Axiom and the RealmForge GDK, much of which may be applicable to OGRE programmers
The main OGRE site and this Wiki are English only for simplicity, but there are several translation sites around the web:
- German OGRE Forums A Blog and German User Forum about OGRE
- French OGRE Forums A new French Forum about OGRE
- GameMakers.gr Greek translation of many of the OGRE tutorials
- Games Creators Network The page about OGRE of this french community.
- Futurn A french community helping games creators by providing a lot of documents (including Ogre3D translations and new documents).
- Xadeck Tutorial 1 - Displaying and manipulating a scene
- Xadeck Tutorial 2 - Using Ogre's facilities for debugging
- Xadeck Tutorial 3 - Assembling a nice scene
- Xadeck Tutorial 4 - Rendering your own stuff
- Martin Baker's All-Inclusive Learning Site For 3D Math, Graphics, Physics, Computational Geometry, And More. Includes topics on learning how to program games.
- A Simple Quaternion-based Camera
- Matrix and Quaternion FAQ: lots of info on matrix transformations & quaternion rotations.
- Generation5 - Articles
- GameDev.net — AI
- AI on the Web
- AngelCode.com - reference database
- Game Research and Technology
- IGDA - AI SIG
- The Game AI Page
- Game AI Programming at AiGameDev.com
- Generation5 - Competition
- Game AI Newsletter at AiGameDev.com
- AI Center - Site Map
- gameAI_news (unmaintained)
- FEAR :: Foundations for Genuine Game AI
- MetaAgent, A Steering Behavior Template Library - Compiling Meta Agent
- Half-life AI (MUST READ)
- AI Horizon: Essays on Artificial Intelligence, from the Basics to the Advanced
- AI Halo
- Gamasutra - Features - Handling Complexity in the Halo 2 AI
- Gamasutra -"Decision-based Gameplay Design"
- Complete Game AI: Volume I
- Item Management Systems
- Huge Theorical exhaustive Book on pathfinding
- Terrain analysis on age of empire (MUST READ)
- AI terrain
- Amit's A* Pages
- An optimal pathfinder for vehicles in real-world digital terrain maps
- Smart Moves: Intelligent Path Finding
- Toward More Realistic Pathfinding
- All FPS pathing problems in a presentation
- 3d path Into Ogre Implementation
- C++ Group Pathfinding Basic Library and Test Tool
- ASTAR pathfinding algorithm in Ogre - Nice example with source
- Boids (Flocks, Herds, and Schools: a Distributed Behavioral Model)
- Coordinated Unit Movement - Introduction
- Implementing Coordinated Movement
- List : steering Behaviors For Autonomous Characters
- Steering Behaviors For Autonomous Characters
- The Code Project - MetaAgent, a Steering Behavior Template Library - Libraries & Projects
Rule-Based System (RBS)
Neural Networks (NN)
Fuzzy logic (FL)
- bayesian systems... somewhere on generation 5 site.
- Hybrid Fuzzy A* - Using Fuzzy Logic with A* Path finding (handy for fast vehicles that also need to steer)
Finite State Machine (FSM)
Decision Tree (DT)
Introduction / Help
- C++ slides Optimisations, Templates and good use of heritage and polymorphisms (MUST READ)
- Thinking in C++ (One of the best introductory books and it is free!)
- STL basics
- Reference Card
- Cpp reference
- C++ FAQ LITE (Mirror here)
- C++ Containers Cheat Sheet
- C++ Iterators & Algorithms Cheat Sheet
- Unicode: A nice introductory-level article on the topic.
User Misconception of C++/STL
- A must-read C++ optimisations with benchmark for all optimizations listed(MUST READ)
- Common performances mistakes(MUST READ)
- Common performances mistakes II (MUST READ)
- C++ Optimization Strategies and Techniques(MUST READ)
Game developers Conference
- Gamasutra(MUST REGISTER)
- Game Developer Magazine
- International Game Developers Association
- Business and Legal Primer for Game Development, by S. Gregory Boyd, Brian Green [ISBN 1-58450-492-7]
- Negotiating Development Contracts: From International Game Developers Association.
- Game Law: Contracts 101: Article at gamasutra.com.
- Sample Business Contracts: From onecle.com
- Who owns the source?: Horror story about what happens without contract (with useful advices).
- Advocacy: Advocacy on THE open-source ressource site.
- Open Source and the Gaming Industry: Article at GameDev.net.
- The Business of Game Development: Frequently Asked Questions.
- Game Law: Game Law on GameDev.
- How to handle Networks + Physic
- Design and Implementation of Networked Games
- Network Programming in Age of Empires and Beyond
- NetCode q3Arena
- Unreal NetCode
- Introduction to Multiplayer Game Programming
- Dead reckoning
- Gamasutra - Designing Secure, Flexible, and High Performance Game Network Architectures
- NAT and game servers
- Simple NAT punch-through
- NAT and Peer-to-Peer Networking
- Why internet sucks
- Defeating Lag with Cubic Splines
- GameSurge on netCode
- Using Groupings for Networked Gaming
- Closing the Loop on Scalable Network Gaming Backend Services
- It's the Latency, Stupid
- Latency and the Quest for Interactivity
- Fixed step networked Physics
- Simulation Theory Links
- Verlet Integration Source + code
- How to handle Timestep, Integration, Networks sync, etc.
- Canonical Game Loop
- Moving Beyond Ragdolls + demo.
- Very Clean and Easy Flash 2d Physic Tutorial
- Outsourcing Reality: Integrating a Commercial Physics Engine
- Green Eyed Monster's MyCarTutorial: - An example application with source code that demonstrates some car physics with ODE.
- ODE Composite Objects - ODE page on building composite objects.
- OgreOde and ...
- OPAL - high level features
- Open Dynamics Engine
- JigLib - rigid body physics engine
- Physic Processor Unit (hardware)
- Bullet Physics Library - ZLIB license, Blender integration, Collada support, physics-on-GPU
- frustum Dx and GL source code shaders
- humus Dx and GL source code shaders
- Delphi shaders demo, but shaders are language independent
- shaders competition source
- shaders competition source
- Thief paper on sound and AI.
- OpenAL - 3D Audio
- All on terrains
- Terrain rendering : basics
- All about rendering landscape
- Hierarchical Image Caching for Accelerated Walkthroughs of Complex Environments
- Terrain Texture Generator (Link broken!)
- shadow caster (Link broken!)
- Landscaper/ (Link broken!)
- A Real-Time Procedural Universe
- grid raycast
- libnoise example: Complex planetary surface
- Photoshop Plug-ins
- Texture Atlas Tools - A collection of tools for creating texture atlases
- Windows Texture Viewer - Simple DDS viewing, especially for files with alpha channel
- DDS Thumbnail Viewer - Shows thumbnails of dss files in Windows Explorer
- http://www.cgtextures.com - Nice free textures
- http://www.crazybump.com - Make nice bump / normal / specular textures (from plain textures)
- Harmless Algorithms :
- Portals and Mirrors
- Hierarchical Techniques for Visibility Computations
- Half-life realt-time visibility
- Virtuals occluders
- Unified Occlusion Culling: Portals, Visibility Umbra, and HZB
THE WORK (AS DEFINED BELOW) IS PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS CREATIVE COMMONS PUBLIC LICENSE ("CCPL" OR "LICENSE"). THE WORK IS PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT AND/OR OTHER APPLICABLE LAW. ANY USE OF THE WORK OTHER THAN AS AUTHORIZED UNDER THIS LICENSE OR COPYRIGHT LAW IS PROHIBITED.
BY EXERCISING ANY RIGHTS TO THE WORK PROVIDED HERE, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. THE LICENSOR GRANTS YOU THE RIGHTS CONTAINED HERE IN CONSIDERATION OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- "Collective Work" means a work, such as a periodical issue, anthology or encyclopedia, in which the Work in its entirety in unmodified form, along with a number of other contributions, constituting separate and independent works in themselves, are assembled into a collective whole. A work that constitutes a Collective Work will not be considered a Derivative Work (as defined below) for the purposes of this License.
- "Derivative Work" means a work based upon the Work or upon the Work and other pre-existing works, such as a translation, musical arrangement, dramatization, fictionalization, motion picture version, sound recording, art reproduction, abridgment, condensation, or any other form in which the Work may be recast, transformed, or adapted, except that a work that constitutes a Collective Work will not be considered a Derivative Work for the purpose of this License. For the avoidance of doubt, where the Work is a musical composition or sound recording, the synchronization of the Work in timed-relation with a moving image ("synching") will be considered a Derivative Work for the purpose of this License.
- "Licensor" means the individual or entity that offers the Work under the terms of this License.
- "Original Author" means the individual or entity who created the Work.
- "Work" means the copyrightable work of authorship offered under the terms of this License.
- "You" means an individual or entity exercising rights under this License who has not previously violated the terms of this License with respect to the Work, or who has received express permission from the Licensor to exercise rights under this License despite a previous violation.
- "License Elements" means the following high-level license attributes as selected by Licensor and indicated in the title of this License: Attribution, ShareAlike.
Nothing in this license is intended to reduce, limit, or restrict any rights arising from fair use, first sale or other limitations on the exclusive rights of the copyright owner under copyright law or other applicable laws.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, Licensor hereby grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to exercise the rights in the Work as stated below:
- to reproduce the Work, to incorporate the Work into one or more Collective Works, and to reproduce the Work as incorporated in the Collective Works;
- to create and reproduce Derivative Works;
- to distribute copies or phonorecords of, display publicly, perform publicly, and perform publicly by means of a digital audio transmission the Work including as incorporated in Collective Works;
- to distribute copies or phonorecords of, display publicly, perform publicly, and perform publicly by means of a digital audio transmission Derivative Works.
- For the avoidance of doubt, where the work is a musical composition:
- Performance Royalties Under Blanket Licenses. Licensor waives the exclusive right to collect, whether individually or via a performance rights society (e.g. ASCAP, BMI, SESAC), royalties for the public performance or public digital performance (e.g. webcast) of the Work.
- Mechanical Rights and Statutory Royalties. Licensor waives the exclusive right to collect, whether individually or via a music rights society or designated agent (e.g. Harry Fox Agency), royalties for any phonorecord You create from the Work ("cover version") and distribute, subject to the compulsory license created by 17 USC Section 115 of the US Copyright Act (or the equivalent in other jurisdictions).
- Webcasting Rights and Statutory Royalties. For the avoidance of doubt, where the Work is a sound recording, Licensor waives the exclusive right to collect, whether individually or via a performance-rights society (e.g. SoundExchange), royalties for the public digital performance (e.g. webcast) of the Work, subject to the compulsory license created by 17 USC Section 114 of the US Copyright Act (or the equivalent in other jurisdictions).
The above rights may be exercised in all media and formats whether now known or hereafter devised. The above rights include the right to make such modifications as are technically necessary to exercise the rights in other media and formats. All rights not expressly granted by Licensor are hereby reserved.
The license granted in Section 3 above is expressly made subject to and limited by the following restrictions:
- You may distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform the Work only under the terms of this License, and You must include a copy of, or the Uniform Resource Identifier for, this License with every copy or phonorecord of the Work You distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform. You may not offer or impose any terms on the Work that alter or restrict the terms of this License or the recipients' exercise of the rights granted hereunder. You may not sublicense the Work. You must keep intact all notices that refer to this License and to the disclaimer of warranties. You may not distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform the Work with any technological measures that control access or use of the Work in a manner inconsistent with the terms of this License Agreement. The above applies to the Work as incorporated in a Collective Work, but this does not require the Collective Work apart from the Work itself to be made subject to the terms of this License. If You create a Collective Work, upon notice from any Licensor You must, to the extent practicable, remove from the Collective Work any credit as required by clause 4(c), as requested. If You create a Derivative Work, upon notice from any Licensor You must, to the extent practicable, remove from the Derivative Work any credit as required by clause 4(c), as requested.
- You may distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform a Derivative Work only under the terms of this License, a later version of this License with the same License Elements as this License, or a Creative Commons iCommons license that contains the same License Elements as this License (e.g. Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 Japan). You must include a copy of, or the Uniform Resource Identifier for, this License or other license specified in the previous sentence with every copy or phonorecord of each Derivative Work You distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform. You may not offer or impose any terms on the Derivative Works that alter or restrict the terms of this License or the recipients' exercise of the rights granted hereunder, and You must keep intact all notices that refer to this License and to the disclaimer of warranties. You may not distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform the Derivative Work with any technological measures that control access or use of the Work in a manner inconsistent with the terms of this License Agreement. The above applies to the Derivative Work as incorporated in a Collective Work, but this does not require the Collective Work apart from the Derivative Work itself to be made subject to the terms of this License.
- If you distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform the Work or any Derivative Works or Collective Works, You must keep intact all copyright notices for the Work and provide, reasonable to the medium or means You are utilizing: (i) the name of the Original Author (or pseudonym, if applicable) if supplied, and/or (ii) if the Original Author and/or Licensor designate another party or parties (e.g. a sponsor institute, publishing entity, journal) for attribution in Licensor's copyright notice, terms of service or by other reasonable means, the name of such party or parties; the title of the Work if supplied; to the extent reasonably practicable, the Uniform Resource Identifier, if any, that Licensor specifies to be associated with the Work, unless such URI does not refer to the copyright notice or licensing information for the Work; and in the case of a Derivative Work, a credit identifying the use of the Work in the Derivative Work (e.g., "French translation of the Work by Original Author," or "Screenplay based on original Work by Original Author"). Such credit may be implemented in any reasonable manner; provided, however, that in the case of a Derivative Work or Collective Work, at a minimum such credit will appear where any other comparable authorship credit appears and in a manner at least as prominent as such other comparable authorship credit.
UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED TO BY THE PARTIES IN WRITING, LICENSOR OFFERS THE WORK AS-IS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE MATERIALS, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, ACCURACY, OR THE PRESENCE OF ABSENCE OF ERRORS, WHETHER OR NOT DISCOVERABLE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SUCH EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS LICENSE OR THE USE OF THE WORK, EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- This License and the rights granted hereunder will terminate automatically upon any breach by You of the terms of this License. Individuals or entities who have received Derivative Works or Collective Works from You under this License, however, will not have their licenses terminated provided such individuals or entities remain in full compliance with those licenses. Sections 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, and 8 will survive any termination of this License.
- Subject to the above terms and conditions, the license granted here is perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright in the Work). Notwithstanding the above, Licensor reserves the right to release the Work under different license terms or to stop distributing the Work at any time; provided, however that any such election will not serve to withdraw this License (or any other license that has been, or is required to be, granted under the terms of this License), and this License will continue in full force and effect unless terminated as stated above.
- Each time You distribute or publicly digitally perform the Work or a Collective Work, the Licensor offers to the recipient a license to the Work on the same terms and conditions as the license granted to You under this License.
- Each time You distribute or publicly digitally perform a Derivative Work, Licensor offers to the recipient a license to the original Work on the same terms and conditions as the license granted to You under this License.
- If any provision of this License is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the terms of this License, and without further action by the parties to this agreement, such provision shall be reformed to the minimum extent necessary to make such provision valid and enforceable.
- No term or provision of this License shall be deemed waived and no breach consented to unless such waiver or consent shall be in writing and signed by the party to be charged with such waiver or consent.
- This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the Work licensed here. There are no understandings, agreements or representations with respect to the Work not specified here. Licensor shall not be bound by any additional provisions that may appear in any communication from You. This License may not be modified without the mutual written agreement of the Licensor and You.