Author: lidong wang
Project: External Project (Sourceforge)(Forum topic)
Supported Platforms: Windows
License: BSD License
Documentation: Class Information (chm)
bug reports: Sourceforge
~~#C00:Project state: outdated (lastest update in ~2007)~~ Maybe it's still usable?
xgEditor is a DCC tool/editor for use with the OGRE engine. xgEditor provide some basic feature currently.
the file format that the xgEditor use is a custom xml based file, the xgEditor have provide a example to load and display the xgEditor's .scene filehttp://downloads.sourceforge.net/xgeditor/xgSceneViewer_src_2007_8_12.rar?modtime=1187703352&big_mirror=0.
Currently Supports / Features:
- add mesh file to scene
- add particle file to scene
- add light to scene
- add help box to scene
- move rotate object
you must edit xgEditorConfig.xml after your download.
the editor use xgEditorConfig.xml plugins.cfg ogre.cfg as the config file,the editor don't use resources.cfg.
the xgSceneViewer.exe use resources.cfg plugins.cfg ogre.cfg as the config file.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="GB2312" standalone="yes" ?> <xgEditorConfig> <--if you want reconfig the render api(dx or gl) or the editor start failed,set runSuccess to 0,when editor start failed or crashed,editor will set this value to 0 so that you can reselect the render, because some error maybe caused by render config error,so when start failed, maybe it will start success next time--> <runSuccess>1</runSuccess> <-- record the window frame layout,generate by editor ,don't modify it manually --> <frameLayout>layout2|name=property;caption=property;state=2044;dir=2;layer=0;row=0;po s=1;prop=128450;bestw=256;besth=50;minw=-1;minh=-1;maxw=-1;maxh=-1;floatx=225;floaty= 108;floatw=264;floath=78|name=tools;caption=tool;state=2044;dir=2;layer=0;row=0;pos=0;prop =135372;bestw=300;besth=100;minw=300;minh=100;maxw=-1;maxh=-1;floatx=8;floaty=54;floa tw=308;floath=446|name=view;caption=workspace;state=1020;dir=5;layer=0;row=0;pos=0;prop= 100000;bestw=16;besth=16;minw=-1;minh=-1;maxw=-1;maxh=-1;floatx=-1;floaty=-1;floatw=-1; floath=-1|name=log;caption=log;state=2099198;dir=2;layer=0;row=0;pos=3;prop=36178;bestw=1 24;besth=60;minw=-1;minh=-1;maxw=-1;maxh=-1;floatx=218;floaty=712;floatw=132;floath=88| dock_size(2,0,0)=302|dock_size(5,0,0)=18|</frameLayout> <--internal use for record directory visit history --> <resInsertToolDirInitDir>U:\setup\data\mesh\laser\laser.mesh</resInsertToolDirInitDir> <--editor will load all xml file that defined game entity in entityXmlRootDir,you can study data\entity\entity.xml for it's format --> <--the game entity is some tag that you can put into editor's scene and scene file, the game entity always representation by some mesh in editor -> <entityXmlRootDir>U:\xg\bin\data\config\entity</entityXmlRootDir> <--resRootPath must use this format as c:\mesh\ not c:\mesh --> <--editor will save all resourceLoaction which under resRootPath to scene file's resourceLocations element use related path,other's use absolute path--> <resRootPath>U:\setup\</resRootPath> <--the path must in this fomat data\mesh\ not data\mesh --> <--editor will load all the path list in resPathList to ogre's resourceLocation--> <--after load this path,the editor will refresh the editor's particle list,so if you want some particle list in editor's particle list, you'd better put particle's dir in this list. there is another two way to add particle to particle list also,one way,when you click some .mesh file in editor's resource explorer , editor will check that mesh's path in the path list that ogre have loaded, if it is not exist,editor will let ogre load the path of the selected .mesh file, after ogre load this path,the ogre will add all the particle's define template in this path,and also materail and other things that ogre' load method can do,after ogre load this path,editor will refresh the particle list.way two,you can drug one or more .mesh file from windows explorer direct to editor's view window,editor will check and load the .mesh file's path at first,then load those mesh in droped, in the same time, editor will refresh particle list also, because when ogre load some new path, it will load particle defined file,materail etc.--> <resPathList> <path>data\mesh\editor\</path> <path>data\particle\</path> <path>data\materials\programs\</path> <path>data\materials\scripts\</path> <path>data\materials\textures\</path> </resPathList> <--editor will load all the directory of entityMeshRootDir and its subdir to ogre's resourceLocation, not use ogre's recusive method but insert it and it's subdir muanul one by one.--> <--why we need this path,it's mainly used for editor's entity window's entity list,there is only some mesh name in the entity config always, so if we don't load those path that those mesh file in, the editor won't find those location,so we need entityMeshRootDir to be define, let editor load those path and it's sub path.--> <entityMeshRootDir>U:\setup\xgEditorSetup\data\mesh\</entityMeshRootDir> </xgEditorConfig>
first select the opration method
use mouse select the object with left mouse down and don't let it up,move mouse,the object
when mouse move,try use with Ctrl Alt for other function
first select a mesh file
when you click some point of view window,it will drop the mesh at that position
editor will list all the particle that ogre has loaded current,you can add particle path
to resPathList in xgEditorConfig.xml so that editor will load it when starting.
editor will load all game entity file define in xml file,those xml file must put in
<entityXmlRootDir></entityXmlRootDir> directory,you can study data\entity\entity.xml for it's
-->sector and ai navi tool
this is use for my project, you can use it if you need
when error occured,editor will out the error message to the console window with the xgEditor
the editor's .scene.xml file
the editor will save all filesystem path to scene file,when xgEditor.exe or xgSceneViewer.exe load
scene file,all of the resourceLocations will load into resource find path.
the xgSceneViewer can load that .scene.xml that generated by xgEditor.
the src of xgSceneViewer.exe is more useful for those who want know how to load the editor's
the xgEditor's src denpend on follow wonderful library when it's deving.
ogre-win32-v1-4-3 in dll mode
wxWidgets-2.8.0 in dll mode
wxpropgrid-1.2.5 in dll mod
vc_2005_sp1 which is needed by ogre
Questions, comments, feature requests, bug reports, etc are always appreciated. You can comment herehttp://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=244459#244459 or in the http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=727365. Please report any bugs you find.
THE WORK (AS DEFINED BELOW) IS PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS CREATIVE COMMONS PUBLIC LICENSE ("CCPL" OR "LICENSE"). THE WORK IS PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT AND/OR OTHER APPLICABLE LAW. ANY USE OF THE WORK OTHER THAN AS AUTHORIZED UNDER THIS LICENSE OR COPYRIGHT LAW IS PROHIBITED.
BY EXERCISING ANY RIGHTS TO THE WORK PROVIDED HERE, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. THE LICENSOR GRANTS YOU THE RIGHTS CONTAINED HERE IN CONSIDERATION OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- "Collective Work" means a work, such as a periodical issue, anthology or encyclopedia, in which the Work in its entirety in unmodified form, along with a number of other contributions, constituting separate and independent works in themselves, are assembled into a collective whole. A work that constitutes a Collective Work will not be considered a Derivative Work (as defined below) for the purposes of this License.
- "Derivative Work" means a work based upon the Work or upon the Work and other pre-existing works, such as a translation, musical arrangement, dramatization, fictionalization, motion picture version, sound recording, art reproduction, abridgment, condensation, or any other form in which the Work may be recast, transformed, or adapted, except that a work that constitutes a Collective Work will not be considered a Derivative Work for the purpose of this License. For the avoidance of doubt, where the Work is a musical composition or sound recording, the synchronization of the Work in timed-relation with a moving image ("synching") will be considered a Derivative Work for the purpose of this License.
- "Licensor" means the individual or entity that offers the Work under the terms of this License.
- "Original Author" means the individual or entity who created the Work.
- "Work" means the copyrightable work of authorship offered under the terms of this License.
- "You" means an individual or entity exercising rights under this License who has not previously violated the terms of this License with respect to the Work, or who has received express permission from the Licensor to exercise rights under this License despite a previous violation.
- "License Elements" means the following high-level license attributes as selected by Licensor and indicated in the title of this License: Attribution, ShareAlike.
Nothing in this license is intended to reduce, limit, or restrict any rights arising from fair use, first sale or other limitations on the exclusive rights of the copyright owner under copyright law or other applicable laws.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, Licensor hereby grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to exercise the rights in the Work as stated below:
- to reproduce the Work, to incorporate the Work into one or more Collective Works, and to reproduce the Work as incorporated in the Collective Works;
- to create and reproduce Derivative Works;
- to distribute copies or phonorecords of, display publicly, perform publicly, and perform publicly by means of a digital audio transmission the Work including as incorporated in Collective Works;
- to distribute copies or phonorecords of, display publicly, perform publicly, and perform publicly by means of a digital audio transmission Derivative Works.
- For the avoidance of doubt, where the work is a musical composition:
- Performance Royalties Under Blanket Licenses. Licensor waives the exclusive right to collect, whether individually or via a performance rights society (e.g. ASCAP, BMI, SESAC), royalties for the public performance or public digital performance (e.g. webcast) of the Work.
- Mechanical Rights and Statutory Royalties. Licensor waives the exclusive right to collect, whether individually or via a music rights society or designated agent (e.g. Harry Fox Agency), royalties for any phonorecord You create from the Work ("cover version") and distribute, subject to the compulsory license created by 17 USC Section 115 of the US Copyright Act (or the equivalent in other jurisdictions).
- Webcasting Rights and Statutory Royalties. For the avoidance of doubt, where the Work is a sound recording, Licensor waives the exclusive right to collect, whether individually or via a performance-rights society (e.g. SoundExchange), royalties for the public digital performance (e.g. webcast) of the Work, subject to the compulsory license created by 17 USC Section 114 of the US Copyright Act (or the equivalent in other jurisdictions).
The above rights may be exercised in all media and formats whether now known or hereafter devised. The above rights include the right to make such modifications as are technically necessary to exercise the rights in other media and formats. All rights not expressly granted by Licensor are hereby reserved.
The license granted in Section 3 above is expressly made subject to and limited by the following restrictions:
- You may distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform the Work only under the terms of this License, and You must include a copy of, or the Uniform Resource Identifier for, this License with every copy or phonorecord of the Work You distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform. You may not offer or impose any terms on the Work that alter or restrict the terms of this License or the recipients' exercise of the rights granted hereunder. You may not sublicense the Work. You must keep intact all notices that refer to this License and to the disclaimer of warranties. You may not distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform the Work with any technological measures that control access or use of the Work in a manner inconsistent with the terms of this License Agreement. The above applies to the Work as incorporated in a Collective Work, but this does not require the Collective Work apart from the Work itself to be made subject to the terms of this License. If You create a Collective Work, upon notice from any Licensor You must, to the extent practicable, remove from the Collective Work any credit as required by clause 4(c), as requested. If You create a Derivative Work, upon notice from any Licensor You must, to the extent practicable, remove from the Derivative Work any credit as required by clause 4(c), as requested.
- You may distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform a Derivative Work only under the terms of this License, a later version of this License with the same License Elements as this License, or a Creative Commons iCommons license that contains the same License Elements as this License (e.g. Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 Japan). You must include a copy of, or the Uniform Resource Identifier for, this License or other license specified in the previous sentence with every copy or phonorecord of each Derivative Work You distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform. You may not offer or impose any terms on the Derivative Works that alter or restrict the terms of this License or the recipients' exercise of the rights granted hereunder, and You must keep intact all notices that refer to this License and to the disclaimer of warranties. You may not distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform the Derivative Work with any technological measures that control access or use of the Work in a manner inconsistent with the terms of this License Agreement. The above applies to the Derivative Work as incorporated in a Collective Work, but this does not require the Collective Work apart from the Derivative Work itself to be made subject to the terms of this License.
- If you distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform the Work or any Derivative Works or Collective Works, You must keep intact all copyright notices for the Work and provide, reasonable to the medium or means You are utilizing: (i) the name of the Original Author (or pseudonym, if applicable) if supplied, and/or (ii) if the Original Author and/or Licensor designate another party or parties (e.g. a sponsor institute, publishing entity, journal) for attribution in Licensor's copyright notice, terms of service or by other reasonable means, the name of such party or parties; the title of the Work if supplied; to the extent reasonably practicable, the Uniform Resource Identifier, if any, that Licensor specifies to be associated with the Work, unless such URI does not refer to the copyright notice or licensing information for the Work; and in the case of a Derivative Work, a credit identifying the use of the Work in the Derivative Work (e.g., "French translation of the Work by Original Author," or "Screenplay based on original Work by Original Author"). Such credit may be implemented in any reasonable manner; provided, however, that in the case of a Derivative Work or Collective Work, at a minimum such credit will appear where any other comparable authorship credit appears and in a manner at least as prominent as such other comparable authorship credit.
UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED TO BY THE PARTIES IN WRITING, LICENSOR OFFERS THE WORK AS-IS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE MATERIALS, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, ACCURACY, OR THE PRESENCE OF ABSENCE OF ERRORS, WHETHER OR NOT DISCOVERABLE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SUCH EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS LICENSE OR THE USE OF THE WORK, EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- This License and the rights granted hereunder will terminate automatically upon any breach by You of the terms of this License. Individuals or entities who have received Derivative Works or Collective Works from You under this License, however, will not have their licenses terminated provided such individuals or entities remain in full compliance with those licenses. Sections 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, and 8 will survive any termination of this License.
- Subject to the above terms and conditions, the license granted here is perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright in the Work). Notwithstanding the above, Licensor reserves the right to release the Work under different license terms or to stop distributing the Work at any time; provided, however that any such election will not serve to withdraw this License (or any other license that has been, or is required to be, granted under the terms of this License), and this License will continue in full force and effect unless terminated as stated above.
- Each time You distribute or publicly digitally perform the Work or a Collective Work, the Licensor offers to the recipient a license to the Work on the same terms and conditions as the license granted to You under this License.
- Each time You distribute or publicly digitally perform a Derivative Work, Licensor offers to the recipient a license to the original Work on the same terms and conditions as the license granted to You under this License.
- If any provision of this License is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the terms of this License, and without further action by the parties to this agreement, such provision shall be reformed to the minimum extent necessary to make such provision valid and enforceable.
- No term or provision of this License shall be deemed waived and no breach consented to unless such waiver or consent shall be in writing and signed by the party to be charged with such waiver or consent.
- This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the Work licensed here. There are no understandings, agreements or representations with respect to the Work not specified here. Licensor shall not be bound by any additional provisions that may appear in any communication from You. This License may not be modified without the mutual written agreement of the Licensor and You.