Hydrax is a an add-on library for Ogre to render pretty water scenes.
With the Managed Hydrax -Wrapper (short form: MHydrax) Hydrax can be used by Mogre too.
I hope you enjoy MHydrax. Any feedback is welcome.
Author: raygeee (retired)
Project: Managed Hydrax -Wrapper
Current version: 0.5.1
License: GNU Lesser General Public License (free for any use)
Wrapped project: Hydrax
Wrapped project license: GNU Lesser General Public License (free for any use)
Type: C++/CLI -Wrapper
Dependencies: Ogre 1.7 / Mogre 1.7
(For Mogre 1.6 use MHydrax 0.4)
For questions and latest information use this forum topic.
More pictures and a full feature list are available on the Hydrax page.
Table of contents
- Managed Hydrax Wrapper 0.5.1 - related to Mogre 1.7
- The linked post also contains build instructions.
- There seems to be an improved version. Just follow the forum topic to get the newest MHydrax version.
- Managed Hydrax Wrapper 0.5 - related to Mogre 1.6
Original Hydrax (see Hydrax)
- Precompiled Hydrax demo (version 0.5)
- Hydrax/Demo sources and media files (version 0.5)
- Hydrax editor (with sources, version 0.5)
related to Hydrax 0.5 and MHydrax 0.5
Things to do in Hydrax
Adjustments in *.cpp-files to work with Ogre 1.4x: (as told in this thread)
- Change these lines in MaterialManager::_createUnderwaterCompositor()
Ogre::PixelFormatList l; l.push_back(Ogre::PF_A8R8G8B8); TDef->formatList = l;
TDef->format = Ogre::PF_A8R8G8B8; // New code line for Ogre 1.4.x
- Comment this line in Decal::setSize() if it's not already commented:
- Optional: Change Hydrax to compile as static library (*.lib). (You may still choose to not do that...)
The result is that the managed MHydrax.dll doesn't need any native Hydrax.dll.
Things to do in MHydrax project properties
- In Framework and References: Adjust refence to Mogre.dll (the one corresponding to your current build mode)
- In C/C++: Adjust additional include directories to match yours
- In Linker: Adjust additional library directories to match yours
Things to do in Samples project properties
- In References: Adjust references to Mogre.dll and MOIS.dll (the ones corresponding to your current build mode)
- General things to do:
- Copy folder "Media" from Hydrax to MHydrax solution directory or adjust the resources.cfg.
- Make sure the dlls Ogre needs to run are in the debug/release folders. (OgreMain, OIS, OctreeSceneManager, CgProgramManager, cg, RenderSystems..)
An almost similar Samples project like in Hydrax is included. It's written in VB.NET code, but can be easily translated to C# or any other managed code language. For example by the VB.NET-to-C#-Converter: codeconverter.sharpdevelop.net.
Also you can look to the MHydrax code example.
Wrapped classes (with prefix 'M' in MHydrax):
- Hydrax (as far as the other wrapped classes allow)
- several Enum classes
Classes not wrapped yet:
- None at the moment. Please tell us in the MHydrax forum thread if you find a possible one.
- MHydrax code example
- current forum topic of the Managed Hydrax wrapper
- old forum thread of the Managed Hydrax wrapper
- Hydrax forum - the common Hydrax discussion place
- Hydrax page for a full feature list, example videos, etc.
- Hydrax API documentation
- EGO Game Editor - Has support for Hydrax
- Integration to Ogre 1.7 - code snippet (a backup is attached to this wiki page)
- Unfinished Hydrax wrapper - An alternative wrapper for Hydrax. It isn't finished, but most parts were done.
Alias: Managed_Hydrax_Wrapper, MHydrax