The MogreBuilder is a nice tool to build Mogre automatically.
It downloads all needed sources, performs the complex wrapping process and build Ogre/Mogre.
Before usage you just need to install:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- DirectX SDK (June 2010)
Note: Some further Ogre depencies will be downloaded automatically.
- Download MogreBuilder source and compile (download)
- Look to the file readMe.txt to see which depencies have to be installed (Can be more than listed on this wiki page)
- Create an empty working directory and set the command line parameter in project properties. e.g. C:\Mogre
- Setup the config file if required. There is a Default.cfg as an example.
You can specify a different config file using the command line options:
MogreBuilder.exe C:\Mogre -config myConfig.cfg
The auto-builder should now ran successfully.
(Be patient during the repository cloning tasks at the first usage.)
Please give feedback in the MogreBuilder forum topic (here).
If there are problems, tell it. (Consider to use the "Snipping Tool" of Windows 7 for easy screenshot creation. Just type "snipp" into the search field of the start menu.)
Sometimes it's useful to have a debug version of Mogre. Then you can debug even inside of wrapped C++ Ogre files.
For this open your MogreBuilder config file (e.g. Default.cfg) and then change the value of "BuildConfiguration" to Debug.
BuildConfiguration = "Debug";
When you use these files for Debugging, keep in mind to update the "plugins.cfg" file.
The name of the plug-ins needs a "_d" prefix.
Change "Plugin_OctreeZone.dll" to "Plugin_OctreeZone_d.dll"
Additionally it's important to keep all Ogre/Mogre source files on your hard drive. (don't delete them)
- MogreBuilder repository - the builder sources
- Forum topic ("MogreBuilder My mission to build a better Mogre")
- Old forum topic ("Mogre.Builder - a tool for easy, automatic build of Mogre")
- Bug tracker - It's mostly a roadmap for planned or half finished features (including details/links).
MogreBuilder development blog by Zarifus:
- Part 1 - Building Amirabiri's command line version
- Part 2 - Getting it into the bitbucket repository, taking a look at McDonte's GUI and testing the
- Part 3 - Finishing the command line version, fixing the patch issue, running from a config file (new binaries included)
- Part 4 - Including Terrain and Paging, Cygon's improvements and automatic version updating (binaries and samples included)
Special thanks to:
- Amirabiri - Creator of the MogreBuilder project (started in 2011)
- McDonte - Continued the development (e.g. added a GUI with many options)
- Zarifus - Solved remaining problems, finished the development (in 2012) and added support for terrain/paging component and add-ons
- Beauty - Continued the development (started in March 2012)
- Caprico - Further improvement (e.g. the latest Ogre depencies will be downloaded/compiled by source) (started in June 2012)