This section is for the tools that help artists getting data out of authoring tools and into OGRE. There are many exporters available, some in the main Ogre distribution, some in ogreaddons and some external. See the DCC Tutorials page for tutorials on the actual content creation.
- Easy Ogre Exporter: Free 3DS Max exporter plugin for Max9 to Max 2018. Dot Scene, standard materials, skeletons, meshes and nodes animations, automatic shader (CG and GlslES) generation.
- LEXIExporter: Native 3DS Max exporter plugin. (Was part of the ‘official’ Ogre tools. Not maintained. Last version supported Max 9).
- Scene Exporter: Exports scenes into .scene format.
- 3DSMax MountNodeSet Exporter: Bone Tag XML exporter.
- 3DS2Mesh: Direct converter from .3ds to .mesh and .material.
- Octopus: Collection of plugins and utility applications for 3ds Max. The project page says “has not been updated to support the latest version of max”. The examples show Max6.
- oFusion: Next-generation toolset for developing game content. Includes realtime 3ds Max OGRE viewport. The latest oFusion CE (Free Community Edition) was 2007 and supports Max9. oFusion Pro is still actively developed, but it is hard to tell from the site which versions of max is stably supports. There is mention of at least some support for max 2011 which is being actively improved.
- OgreMax Scene Exporter: Maya 2015/2014/2013/2012/2011/2010 exporter that generates all core OGRE mesh/material files plus .scene files. Includes two viewer applications, scene loading source code, documentation, and sample scenes.
- Maya Exporter: Exports animated meshes from Maya (part of the ‘official’ Ogre tools).
- LFA Scene Manager: Mesh and Scene exporter for Maya.
- DeleD Exporter: Exports OGRE .mesh and/or .xml files (including .material).
- Giles Exporter: An exporter for Gile[s], a global illumination system.
- OGRE FSRad: OGRE interface for Fluid Studios’ radiosity processor.
- Milkshape Exporter: Exports meshes and armature animations to OGRE.
- MS3D2XML: Direct converter from .ms3d to OGRE XML mesh format.
- Lwo2Mesh: Direct converter of LightWave objects into OGRE meshes.
- LightWave to OGRE: Export objects, skeletal animations, poses, poses animations and scenes to OGRE.
- OgreMeshExporter: Direct exporter plugin from Google Sketchup 7 to OGRE XML mesh format. download link
- Sketchup Exporter: Mesh, material and scene exporter for Google Sketchup.
- ZbylsXExporter: Simple mesh and material exporter for Google Sketchup 8 (Free and Pro). Supports .mesh.xml, .x and .obj file formats.
- MDL2Mesh: Direct converter from .mdl to mesh, skeleton and material.
- Bitmap Font Builder Tool: Converter to OGRE .fontdef ‘glyph’ statements.
- Joof: Convert OgreXml to mesh and skeleton format and upgrade meshes.
- MeshMagick: Mesh (and skeleton) manipulation tool for Ogre meshes (and skeletons).
Alias: Exporters, OGRE_Exporters