This whole page is for indepth articles utilizing Ogre and various libraries or concepts. External links and tutorials can be found on the External Resources page. Do look there, as you may find articles that are related to Ogre, but maintained off site. For articles on Art and digital content, see DCC Resources.
Table of contents[Show/Hide]
- AnimationBlender - A class implemented to blend between two animations.
- Morph animation - Explanation of how to actually get morphing to work in the engine.
- My game looks awfull using stereoscopy with NVIDIA's Vision drivers - Explanation of why graphics may be spiky with HW vertex skinning and NV's 3D stereo vision.
- Quaternion and Rotation Primer - Contains explanations, code samples and questions.
- Designing Good Games - Description of important aspects for designing a "good" game (written by Mark Overmars) document mirror: here
- Singletons - A general C++ Concept used in Ogre quite extensively.
- Architecture and Design in Games - Resources to help developers architect games as a whole
- Managing Game States with OGRE - description of a simple system for managing game states in OGRE, based on the article Managing Game States in C++.
- RTS Sample App - This framework should provide a good starting point for a Real Time Strategy (RTS) style application. Complete with compass, minimap and picking.
- Practical Application - A practical game application from the ground up
- Simple Win32 Program - A simple win32 program that can be used as a basis for other programs .
- Threading - Does Ogre support it? Do you need it?
- How to use the WorkQueue - How to do work in the background of Ogre
- Using SDL Input - A way to use the SDL library to handle user input to control your Ogre project. Bypassses the need for the Ogre input system and allows for joysticks and other input devices.
- Deferred Shading - An article explaining how to use Ogre's compositor framework and various hooks to set up alternative rendering pipelines. Based on the Deferred Shading sample.
- JaJDoo Shader Guide - Many pages full of useful information about shader programming
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) - Explains what is HDR and why would you need it in Ogre 2.1+.
- OpenTNL - OpenTNL Very Simple Interface
Ogre in General
- Coding and Design Philosophy - Concepts for coding with Ogre. Design issues
- In Depth Tutorials - Tutorials that explain some of Ogre's inner workings in more detail.
- Resources and ResourceManagers - Outlines in detail the process by which resources are loaded, unloaded, reloaded and destroyed.
- Optimisation checklist - Is your application running slowly?
- Intel article "How to optimize Ogre applications using Intels VTune using SIMD and Multi threading - http://intel.com/cd/ids/developer/asmo-na/eng/254761.htm?page=1
- Script Cache Plugin - How to use the Script Cache plugin in your application to speed up the loading time of you application
- OgreBullet - Bullet Physics wrapper for OGRE.
- OgreODE - OgreODE, an easy way to implement ODE physics with OGRE
- GettingStartedWithOde: Physics and Collisions using the Open Dynamics Engine physics and collision library.
- ODE Simulation Stability: How to reduce jitter and explosions in your ODE/OGRE simulations.
- OgreNewt: Using Newton with Ogre, via OgreNewt - a beginners guide
- NxOgre: PhysX Wrapper For OGRE
- http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54763&p=472535#p472535 OgrePhysX: Ogre--PhysX interface for PhysX 3.2.1
- Scene Manager Overview - Choosing the best Scene Manager for your purpose
- DotScene - Questions about the .scene format and tools.
- Paging Landscape Scene Manager - PLSM2 provides very large terrains. Installation, demos and explanation.
- Game Object Oriented Framework - The Game Object Oriented Framework (GOOF) provides generic object handling functionality, extending Ogre's existing systems.
- Scripting with LuaBind in Ogre - Setting up a Luabind + Ogre project and a simple example of using them together
- Squirrel Scripting Language - Setting up a Squirrel + Ogre project and a simple example of using them together
- See PLSM2 in Scene Managers
- Ogre Compatible HeightMap System - For use with networked gameservers. Handy for headless servers that don't rely on Ogre.
- Video Plugin - Video plugins