More information you find at the MyGUI website mygui.info.
For Mogre related questions you can open a thread in the Mogre forum. Additionally you could invite user mstoyke to answer. (Please don't discuss by message - do it in public so that it helps other people, too.)
Additionally look to the binary download section. It contains the Mogre wrapper, dependencies, demos and the layout editor.
The second one is optional, but there is one file you need: export.vs . This codefile contains some functions to init and destroy MyGui. I never tried to use the MOGREframework in that package, I used the one in the Wiki. Some classes aren't wrapped, but all basic things seams to work fine.
(Quoted from this forum post in January 2010)
The MyGUI repository has the directory Wrappers. This contains several subdirectories. For some we know the meaning:
- MyGUI.Export (C++): . . . . Exports all needed functions of the native MyGui
- MyGUI.Sharp: . . . . A C# Wrapper of MyGui (needs file MyGui.export)
- The depencies are MyGUIEngine.dll and MyGui.export.dll (and .NET)
- For Mogre is only an indirect depency: You need Mogre for creating MyGui.export.dll
- MyGUI.OgrePlatform.Export(C++): . . . . Exports all needed functions of the native MyGui
- MyGUI.Managed: . . . . A CLI/C++ Wrapper (needs MyGUI.OgrePlatform.Export)
MyGui.managed and MyGui.sharp seems to be equal. Maybe the C# one is a port of the managed one and not a build from scratch.
The original post from Altren:
1. C# - MyGUI.Export.dll (exported functions) + MyGUI.Sharp.dll (wrapper using P/Invoke)
2. Managed C++ - MyGUI.Managed.dll (wrapper using CLR)
1. Download MyGUI and compile it with same Ogre version and with same visual studio as Mogre was built with (also MYGUI_BUILD_WRAPPER option in CMake should be enabled). See also http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/MyGUI+Compiling
2. Compile MyGUI.OgrePlatform.Export(_d).dll
3. Generate Managed wrapper (to do this run WrapperGenerator that comes with MyGUI -> (in app select one by one)Generate Solution, Doxygen, Managed).
4. Compile MyGUI.Managed.dll in newly generated solution.
5. In Mogre add MyGUI.Managed.dll as referecnce
6. Use MyGUI initialisation from MyGUI.OgrePlatform.Export(_d).dll
Note: It seems that with .Net 4 the wrapper does not work anymore. The OgrePlattform.Export.dll ist not found (although its in the same directory). An workaround would be to merge it with the main wrapper project and so totally avoid all P/Invoke calls.
- mygui.info - official Website
- API reference - documentation of MyGUI interface
- MyGUI forum section - (in Ogre add-ons forum)
- Managed MyGUI - Forum topic for the Mogre wrapper
- Repository - SVN with source code
- MyGUI - much Ogre related stuff
- MyGUI 3.0 for MogreSDK 1.6.5
- GUI - an overview of GUI systems
- Comparison of GUIs
- Miyagi - an alternative GUI system for Mogre
- Hikari Wrapper for MOGRE - embed Adobe Flash into Mogre (e.g. GUI menus)
- Easy Debug Text for MOGRE - for plain text display
- Prototype steps of GUI development
- MQuickGUI - an outdated C# port of QuickGUI