Maintained by: bisco
Project: OGRE Main Project (MayaExport)
Supported Versions: Maya 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 8.0, 8.5, 2008, 2011, 2012
Sources: OGRE Mercurial
Binaries: OGRE Tools Downloads Area More comprehensive OGRE Tools Downloads Area
Status and bug reports: OGRE Forums
This is the plugin for exporting from Maya to OGRE mesh and skeleton formats.
- Download a pre-built .rar file from Media fire
- Follow the instructions in INSTRUCTIONS.txt
- Download a pre-built .zip file from the tools page
- Copy the contents of the \mel folder and OgreXMLConverter and related files into DRIVE:\My Documents\maya\VERSION\scripts
- Edit your userSetup.mel file and add the line "source OgreExporter"
- Start Maya and go to Preferences->Plug-Ins and check the OgreExporter.mll box (Autoload it if you'd like too. There should now be an Ogre menu
- Build exporter linking with the libs for the maya version you are using. You can find those inside $path\Alias\MayaX.X\include and $path\Alias\MayaX.X\lib directories.
- Copy Ogrenew/Tools/MayaExport/exporter/lib/release/ogreExport.mll to Alias/MayaX.X/bin/plug-ins/
- Copy Ogrenew/Tools/MayaExport/mel/exporter/*.* to Alias/MayaX.X/scripts/others/
- Start Maya
- Type ogreExporter at the commandline to start the exporter, or get it from the HotBox of Maya.
If you want to use the option in the exporter to automagically create binary meshes, then you must have the standard OgreXmlConverter.exe in the path.