pip install ogre-python
Table of contents
Table of contents
You should download Python 2.4 or later. Install it at the default place C:\Python24.
- Download the Python-Ogre Windows binary packages from here
- Run python setup.py install from the root of the Python-Ogre directory (where ever you unpacked it)
- Change to the demos/xxx directory (depending on what you want to run)
- Run python demo_xxx.py
Psyco boosts the python bindings and python code. If you seriously want to build games, you should use free boosters anyway.
Download the PyOgre binary package and install it to C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\pyogre (should be done by installer).
Unzip the media package to the demo files in C:\Python24\pyogre. You will need the media files there, since pyOgre uses relative file positions. If the programs don't start as expected, open up resources.cfg in a text editor and check the paths.
PyOgre 1.2 is still beeing worked on, but Istari is mainting an almost up to date prebuilt binary of the current SVN revision.
(see this thread)
- python example files (CameraTrackingDemo.py, CelShadingDemo.py,LightingDemo.py, sampleframework.py etc.)
- media subfolder with meshes, textures etc. (download media folder seperately; needed to get examples running)
- pyOgre executables, dll's, config files etc. (being imported by import statements in the header of your application)
The file C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pyogre\ogre.py holds all bindings to the Ogre engine (i.e. dll files in C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pyogre).
If you receive errors about DLL Load failed when you try to run the demos / when importing the PyOgre libraries, you might need to install vcredist_x86, available at http://faux.warwickcompsoc.co.uk/vcredist/ . This contains all the shared runtime libraries from vs2005.